After Endodontic Treatment
- There are usually no restrictions after the procedure concerning driving or returning to work unless you have taken anti-anxiety drugs (for example, Ativan) during your endodontic appointment.
- Your tooth and surrounding gum tissue may be slightly tender for several days as a result of manipulation during treatment and previous condition of your tooth. This is normal and no cause for alarm.
- Discomfort may be alleviated by taking Ibuprofen (Advil) alone or in combination with Acetaminophen (Tylenol) as directed.
- Do not chew food on the affected side until your treatment is completed and your tooth is covered with a protective restoration provided by your general dentist.
- You may continue your regular dental hygiene regimen after treatment unless otherwise stated.
- In case of emergency during office hours, please call our office directly at ☎️ (604) 879-0661.
- If an emergency arises after hours, you can call the office to reach the doctor on call for this practice.
NOTE: alcohol intake is not advised while taking certain medications. Please consult your specialist should you have any questions or concerns.
Need root canal treatment during the pandemic?
At VanEndo, our endodontists always deliver the highest standard of care for our patients in a safe environment.